In simple words, it is the place where a person lives. But in the legal language, it is defined as: the residence where you have your permanent home or principal establishment and to where, whenever you are absent, you intend to return; every person is compelled to have one and only one domicile at a time.
Pronunciation: dom-uh-sahyl, doh-muh–Suhl
Meaning of Domicile
1. A dwelling place
2. A permanent legal residence
3. To provide with often temporary lodging.
4. To establish (oneself or another person) in a residence.
Master’s Tip to learn Domicile:
Think of places where you spend small fragments of your life, and the beautiful moments you had there.
Sentence Examples for Domicile:
1. The court held that domicile was the sole basis of jurisdiction.
2. In most countries, a foreign resident’s “domicile” (home country) statusis determined by objective criteria.
3. Either a person has acquired a domicile of choice in this country or she has not.
4. After marriage this domicile would change when your husband’s domicile is changed.