Daily Current Affairs 14 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Kurukshetra University gets its own anthem
- Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki released the Kurukshetra University’s anthem ‘Kul Geet’.
- Mangalore University also came up with its own anthem last month.
2. Thought Sonia would make me PM in 2012 :Pranab
- He revealed that he was left with a vague impression that Sonia Gandhi was considering Manmohan Singh as UPA’s Presidential nominee.
- He thought that the Congress Chief might choose him as the Prime Minister.
3. Green cover of Mumbai lakes shrinks by 30% in 17 yrs : Survey
- According to a survey by NGO Watchdog Foundation, green cover near Mumbai’s Vihar,Powai and Tulsi lakes has reduced by 30% in the last 17 yrs .
- However, Maharashtra forest department has called the survey unscientific and unreliable.
1. Nigeria convicts 45 in Boko Haram mass trial
- A Nigerian court has sentenced 45 suspected Boko Haram members to up to31 yrs in prison and released another 468 suspects ordering that they must undergo de-radicalisation programs.
- Boko Haram’s 8-yr insurgency has killed almost 20,000 people in the country.
2.US imposes sanctions on Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps
- US President Donald Trump accused the organisation of supporting terrorism and called on the US Treasury Department to apply sanctions to the organisations’ officials, agents and affiliates.
- He further urged US allies to take string actions to curd Iran’s dangerous behaviour.
3.Volcanic eruption in Japan
- A volcano in south-western Japan spread ashes after an ash plume rose 2,000 meters from its crater.
- The Shinmoedake volcano lies on the border of Kagoshima and Miyazaki prefectures and it erupted for the first time in six years.
1. Vanuatu 1st nation to accept Bitcoins for citizenship
- It is the first nation to accept Bitcoins as payment for its ‘investment citizenship’ program.
- Vanuatu citizenship allows individuals to reside on the island and travel to over 100 countries without a visa.
2. Tesla fires about 400 employees this week
- The dismissals which fall between 1% to 2% of the company’s 33,000 employees include team leaders, supervisors among others.
- The cuts come as the electric automaker tries to fix bottlenecks on the production line.
1.Sharapova reached Tianjin Open final
- Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova reached her 1st final after returning from the doping ban.
- Ranked 86th in the world, Sharapova will take on world number 102 Anya Sabalenka on Sunday.
2.Dhawan returns to ODI squad
- The BCCI announced a 15-member Indian squad for the upcoming three match ODI series against New Zealand starting Oct 22nd .
- Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin have been left out of the squad again.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15