Daily Current Affairs 21 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Linking Aadhar to bank accounts mandatory
- The RBI clarified that the linkage is mandatory in applicable cases.
- Earlier, banks had warned customers that their accounts will be suspended if they aren’t linked to Aadhar.
2. 252 dilapidated rail bridges found lacking speed restriction
- The Railway Board has ordered a review of all the rail bridges in the country after this was found.
- The Board had earlier discovered that the trains would pass on these bridges at their usual speed, thereby posing a safety hazard.
3. India to see Halley’s Comet meteor shower
- The annual Orionid meteor shower would be seen peaking during the weekend over India as the Earth passes through the debris left by Halley’s comet.
- Around 20-30 meteors are expected to burn in Earth’s atmosphere each hour at speeds of 66 km/sec.
1. Meeting Dalai Lama an offence : China
- China warned that it would consider as a major offence if any foreign leader meet Dalai Lama.
- China considers Dalai Lama, who fled into exile in India in 1959, a separatist.
2. Sketch drawn by Trump auctioned for $16,000
- It is a drawing of the Empire State Building.
- Meanwhile, in July, a drawing of the New York skyline by Trump fetched $29,000 at an auction.
3. Pakistan, N Korea not invited for global conference in India
- They haven’t been invited for the consumer protection conference organised in India at the request of UN Conference on Trade and Development.
- The conference, scheduled for Oct 26-27 will see participation from 24 countries.
1. Bitcoin crosses the $6,000 milestone for the first time ever
- Bitcoin hit a total capitalisation of around $100 billion.
- The cryptocurrency has surged over 500% this year and now makes up 57% of the value of all cryptocurrencies in the market.
2. Aston Martin building apartment block
- Carmaker Aston Martin is building its first apartment block in US’ Miami with prices ranging from 600,000 dollars to 50 million dollars.
- The 66-storey waterfront will feature 391 condos, movie theatres, an infinity pool among others.
1.Srikanth beats world number one badminton player to reach Denmark Open semis
- World number 8 Kidambi Srikanth defeated Victor Axelson.
- HS Prannoy and Saina Nehwal crashed out of the tournament.
2.Sri Lankan cricket team gets its 7th captain in 3 months
- Thisara Perera will become the 7th captain to lead the team for the upcoming T20I against Pakistan.
- Perera was selected after Tharanga pulled out of Lahore T20I.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15