Direction for the questions: (1- 3:) Seven IAS officers Raghav, Azhar, Rinku, Pooja, Jyoti, Vijay, Junaid have to join their respective duties in seven different states Mumbai, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, Assam, UP and Goa on the seven different day of the week. Keep the following conditions in mind:
• Rinku will join in Goa on Monday.
• On the last day of the week, the officer will join in Tamilnadu.
• Jyoti joined her duty on the next day of Raghav, who joined at UP. Also, Junaid joined his duty a day after Jyoti.
• Pooja joined her duty in Assam on Friday.
• Azhar did not joined either in Rajasthan or Tamilnadu
• Junaid joined his duty in Mumbai
Question 1: On which day of the week Azhar joined his duty?
(d) Data inadequate
Question 2: Who joined his duty in Tamilnadu?
(d) Data inadequate
Question 3: On which day of the week did Jyoti join her duty?
Answers and Explanations
Solutions for Questions 1 to 3: Analysis for the set
From the given information, we can first draw this table directly:
Now we are given the information that Jyoti joined her duty after Raghav and before Junaid. Since the office in Tamilnadu is joined on the last day of the week, this officer cannot be Jyoti. Keep in mind that Junaid joined in Mumbai and Raghav in UP. This means that Azhar can only join in Gujarat (as Tamilnadu and Rajasthan are ruled out for him.) This also means that Jyoti can only join in Rajasthan now, since all the other states are taken. And this means that Vijay joins Tamilnadu. Now for Raghav, Jyoti and Junaid we need a three-day window, since these three join on consecutive days. That can only happen on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. This means Vijay joins on Sunday and Azhar on Saturday. Thus, we have the following table:
Answer 1 : (b)
Azhar will join his duty on Saturday
Answer 2 : (c)
Vijay will join his duty in Tamilnadu.
Answer 3 : (d)
Jyoti will join her duty on Wednesday
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-32
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-33
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-34
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-35
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-36