Daily Current Affairs 11 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Yogi Adityanath suspends 11 officials for dereliction of duty.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath has suspended 11 officials and transferred 7 for alleged dereliction of duty.
- As a warning Yogi Adityanath said that any official showing laxity in work would face serious consequences.
2. Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express to serve modak during Ganeshostav.
- Mumbai-Goa Tejas express will serve Ukadiche Modak,which are Maharashtrian Delicacies as a complimentary during 10 day Ganeshostav celebrations.
- The traditional sweets are made with steamed rice flour, coconut and Jaggery.
3. Vande Mataram to be mandatory in BMC’s schools.
- Bruhanmumbai Muncipal Corporation(BMC) has passed a notice to make singing Vande Mataram compulsory in all schools run by them.
- The notice has been sent to State Government which will make the final decision.
4. New volume of Economic Survey recommends reforms across sectors.
- Volume 2 of the Economic Survey, tabled in Parliament on Friday, has recommended several reform measures to boost agriculture, industry, infrastructure, education, and health.
- These include strengthening the marketing infrastructure to control price risks in the agriculture and allied sectors, increasing the irrigated area to address production risks, the exploration of non-fare revenue sources by the Indian Railways, the development of non-major ports, and the privatisation of Air India.
1. Dr. Ruth Pfau dies, aged 81.
- Dr Ruth Pfau, a German doctor popularly known as Pakistan’s ‘Mother Teresa’ for dedicating her life to eradicate leprosy in the country, died on Thursday at a private hospital in Karachi.
- Dr. Pfau first visited Pakistan in 1960 and was so touched by the plight of leprosy victims that she decided to stay forever in the country to treat them.
2. India planning to deport 40,000 Rohingya Muslims.
- India is in talks with Bangladesh and Myanmar about its plan to deport around 40,000 Rohingya Muslims it says are living in the country illegally
- Tens of thousands of Rohingya have fled persecution in Buddhist-majority Myanmar to neighboring Bangladesh since the early 1990s, with some of them then crossing over a porous border into Hindu-majority India.
3. Turkey starts building wall on Iran border.
- Turkey has begun building a border wall with Iran, similar to the one with Turkey-Syria border.
- Of the 5000km long border 144-km will be covered by the wall primarily to stop the movement of Kurdish Separastist.
4. Pak builds Nuclear warhead storage facility: US think tank.
- Pakistan has built a hardened, secure, underground complex in a region in the restive Balochistan province that could serve as a storage site for Nuclear warheads.
- Report released by an American think tank said that its observation is based on satellite imagery and investigation.
1. United Breweries removes Vijay Mallya as its director.
- Following SEBI’s order against Vijay Mallya, United Breweries has removed the absconding Businessman as its director.
- Earlier this year, SEBI restrained Mallya from holding director or key managerial personnel position at any listed company that hasn’t been vacated till date.
2. Vinay Dube appointed CEO of Jet Airways.
- Jet Airways appointed Vinay Dube as its CEO after receiving security clearance from the government.
- Dube, an Indian-American has previously served in various roles at Delta Air Lines and American Airlines.
3. SC rejects Sahara’s plea to put Amby valley auction on hold.
- The Supreme Court refused to accept Sahara Chief Subrato Roy’s plea to put on hold the auction process of Sahara’s Amby Valley.
- Sahara said that the auction process should be put on hold till September so that it could arrange Rs.1,500crore which has to be deposited into Sebi-Sahara account.
4. Facebook launches its video platform ‘Watch’.
- In an apparent bid to take on Google-owned YouTube, Facebook has rolled out ‘Watch’ — a redesigned video platform for creators and publishers.
- The social media giant last year launched ‘Video’ tab in the US which offered a predictable place to find videos on Facebook..
1. Kang first Indian to reach javelin throw world championships final.
- Unheralded javelin thrower Davinder Singh Kang pipped a more—fancied Neeraj Chopra, becoming the first Indian to qualify for a final of World Athletics Championship.
- No Indian has ever qualified in the men’s javelin throw final round in any World Championships and Kang’s performance brought some relief for the Indian camp.
2. Anand shares lead after 2nd win.
- Viswanathan Anand defeated Ian Nepomniachtchi and recorded a second victory to move into joint lead after the seventh round of the Singquefield Cup chess tournament.
- Anand and Levon Aronian won their games to join Maxime Vachier-Lagrave at 4.5 points. In the eighth round.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30