Daily Current Affairs 12 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Amit Shah officially invites Nitish Kumar to join NDA
- BJP National President Amit Shah invited Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to join National Democratic Alliance(NDA).
- Earlier, Nitish Kumar joined hands with BJP to form the Bihar governement.
2. Blood banks in Mumbai go online
- 63 blood banks of Mumbai became a part of e-Rakt Kosh, a national online portal.
- The portal will inform the people about the availability of blood stock and blood donation camps across Mumbai.
3. 14 Parakram vans added to Delhi police fleet
- 14 new Parakram vans were added to the existing 1 such vans to increase the security for the Independence Day.
- The vans will be provided with special equipment that includes stunner guns and will serve as a major deterrent for terror elements.
4. Indian Army to deploy Robots
- The Army will soon deploy robots capable of delivering ammunition at intended locations to fight terrorism in J&K.
- The Army’s proposal specifying a requirement of 544 robots is approved by the centre.
- The robots will consist of surveillance cameras and transmission systems with a range of 200 meters.
1. China wants to join hands with India over Indian Ocean
- To maintain the security of the Indian Ocean, China is looking forward to co-operate with India.
- The statement comes amid standoff between the nations over the disputed Doklam region.
2. ISIS used eBay, PayPal to channel money to US
- A report revealed that The Islamic State used PayPal and fake eBay transactions to channel $8700 to an operative in the US.
- The operative used the money to purchase a laptop, cellphone, calling cards and a VPN all of which were used to communicate with the terror group.
3. World’s oldest man dies at 113
- Yisrael Kristal, certified by the Guiness World Records as the world’s oldest man died a month before his 114th birthday.
- He is survived by his 2 children, 9 grandchildren and 32 great-grandchildren.
1. Sun Pharma posts its first loss in 12 yrs
- India’s largest drugmaker Sun Pharmaceutical has reported quarterly loss at Rs.425 crore.
- The loss came amid setting an antitrust case in US, and a weakening generic drugs market.
2. SBI reports 436% jump in profit
- After merging with Bharatiya Mahila Bank(BMBL), SBI reported 436% increase in profit to Rs.2006 crore.
- However, net profit fell to over 20% which excludes its subsidiaries and BMBL.
3. Mother Dairy to offer milk to government school girls
- Under a ‘Gift Milk’ initiative, Mother Dairy will offer 200ml flavoured milk to around 6000 government school girls everyday
- The students belong to 6 government schools in Noida and Delhi.
4. Mallya’s appeal against SEBI dismissed
- SEBI had barred Vijay Mallya for alleged violations of listing agreement, diversion of funds and fraud.
- Mallya had approached the Securities Appellate Tribunal against the directive.
1. Indian Opener KL Rahul makes a new record
- He has equalled the all-time record of registering 50+ scores in 7 consecutive Test innings.
- He is the first Indian and 6th cricketer overall alongside Chanderpaul and Sangakkara to achieve the feat.< li>
2. Carolina ousts top-seeded Karolina Pliskova
- In the quarter finals of Roger Cup, Carolina Wozniacki from Denmark defeated Karolina Pliskova.
- She will face Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic in the semi-finals.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12