Daily Current Affairs 1 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. 10,000 users affected in malware attack on MTNL broadband
- Broadband connections of Delhi’s state run MTNL were affected.
- Users were redirected to malicious web pages and pornography.
- State run BSNL was recently hit by a malware attack that changes the passwords of the modems.
2. Arvind Panagariya quits from NITI Aayog
- Arvind Pangariya, the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog announced his resignation.
- The economist said that he would resume his teaching career at Columbia University in the US.
- NITI Aayog replaced the 65-year-old Planning Commission of India.
3. Delhi Metro to see rise in trains by March 2018
- The number of trains will go up by 45% from 227 to 328.
- With the completion of Phase 3, the network will expand from 218 km to 348 km.
4. SC bans use of 5 chemicals in firecrackers
- The Supreme Court barred firework manufacturers from using 5 chemicals that will cause air and noise pollution.
- Lithium, Antimony, Mercury, Arsenic and Lead are the barred chemicals.
1. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi elected PM of Pakistan
- Pakistan’s Petroleum Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was elected the 18th PM of Pakistan.
- His election comes after Nawaz Sharif was recently disqualified from the post.
2. China building high-speed rail tunnel
- China is constructing a 12-km long high speed train tunnel through one of the portions of Great Wall to connect Beijing with Zhangjakou City.
- The line is designed for trains travelling up to 350 kmph.
3. Pakistan extends house arrest of Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan has extended the house arrest of UN designated terrorist and Mumbai terror attack mastermind by 2 months.
- The authorities say that the Liberty of Saeed is a continuous threat to the peace and tranquillity in the country
4. North Korea can hit most of our country: US
- N Korea’s recent Intercontinental ballistic missile test has shown that it may now be able to hit most of the continental US.
- However, the officials said that North Korea’s nuclear programme is aimed at deterring attacks on reclusive nation.
1. Eicher Motors become India’s 4th most valuable automaker
- Eicher Motors which manufactures trcuks and motorcycles and displaced Bajaj Auto and took the 4th place.
- The company has a market capitalisation of Rs.81,776 crore.
2. Tata Motors CEO earned a salary of Rs.22.5 crore
- The CEO Guenter Butschek took home over Rs.22.5 crore last fiscal.
- Satish Borwankar who has taken over as the COO saw a cut of 12% to Rs.2.14 crore.
3. CEO Ashish Bagga resigns from India Today
- Ashish Bagga has been associated with India Today Group for over 15 years.
- He is also the current President of News Broadcasters Association(NBA).
4. Three Indian firms in Forbes Asia ‘Best Under a Billion’ List
- This includes fruit juice maker Manpasand Beverages, software company 8K Miles and Kellton Tech Solutions.
- The list ranks 200 listed companies with annual revenue between $5 million and $1 billion.
1. Deaflympics squad refuses to leave Airport
- In the absence of an Government official to receive them, the Deaflympics team refused to leave the Delhi Airport.
- The 46-athlete contingent which won 5 medals demanded to speak with the Sports Minister Vijay Goel.
2. Ronaldo denies Rs.111 crore tax fraud
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared in court denying claims that he committed Rs.111.44 crore tax fraud.
- If found guilty, he may be fined at least 28 million euros and face a prison sentence of three and a half years.