Daily Current Affairs 1 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 1 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 1 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 1 June 2017 Current affairs test.
Important Days and Dates
World Milk Day: June-1
Every year June 1 is observed as World Milk Day. This Day provides an opportunity to focus attention on milk and to publicise activities connected with milk and the dairy industry.World Milk Day is established by the Food and Agriculture Organization
Theme of 2017 World Milk Day – “Raise a Glass”
1. Ramachandra Guha quits as BCCI administrator.
- Ramachandra Guha has resigned from BCCI’s four-member Committee of Administrators.
- The Committee of Administrators was appointed by the Supreme Court to implement the Lodha panel recommendations on the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- Guha has quit citing personal reasons.
- Ramachandra Guha is an Indian historian and writer whose research interests include environmental, social, political and cricket history.
2. Telangana govt launches T-Wallet.
- Telangana Government has launched a digital wallet, named T-Wallet.
- Telangana became the first state in the country to launch official e-wallet.
- T Wallet app will use two-factor authentication either Aadhaar+OTP or Aadhaar+Biometric.
- Transaction Analysts has partnered with Telangana to develop T-Wallet while Vijaya Bank will act as the banking partner.
3. Railways introduces Buy Now, Pay Later service.
- The Indian Railways has introduced ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ service for passengersto make payment for tickets booked online within a window of 15 days.
- The facility is available for confirmed, waitlisted and RAC births.
- Those opting for it will have to pay 3.5 percent plus taxes extra for the service.
- Mumbai based fintech firm ePayLater has joined hands with IRCTC for adding the new feature to Indian Railways ticket booking services.
- Suresh Prabhu – Minister of Railways
4. Researchers develop new technology to manufacture biofuel.
- Researchers at IIT Kharagpur have developed a new technology which will change the way biofuel is manufactured.
- The ‘soil-to-soil’ manufacturing technology will make the process cheaper, quicker and pollution-free.
- It will make use of natural resources to extract gaseous and liquid biofuel and then converts the wastes into bio fertilizer.
- The project is funded by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Department of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
1. Iceland rated world’s most peaceful country.
- Iceland is followed by New Zealand and Portugal, while Syria has been named the least peaceful country.
- India is ranked at 137th position.
- According to the study, 93 countries have improved their ranking while ranking of 68 countries have deteriorated as compared to last year.
2. Miroslav Lajcak to be next president of UNGA.
- United Nations General Assembly has picked Miroslav Lajcak to be its next president.
- He will succeed Peter Thomson, in September and chair the assembly’s 72nd session.
- He is a Slovak diplomat and currently the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- He was in charge of organizing a referendum on the independence of Montenegro from Yugoslavia in 2006.
- Headquarters of UNGA – New York, United States
1. ADB and PNB sign $100 million loan.
- Asian Development Bank and Punjab National Bank has signed a $100 million loan which will be guaranteed by the Government of India.
- The loan will be used to finance large solar rooftop systems on industrial and commercial buildings throughout India.
- This is the first tranche loan of the $500 million multi tranche finance facility Solar Rooftop Investment Program (SRIP) approved by ADB in 2016.
- This will contribute to the climate change goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by about 11 million tons of carbon dioxide equivalent over the typical 25-year lifetime of rooftop solar systems.
- CEO of PNB – Sunil Mehta
- President of ADB – Takehiko Nakao
2. India to have its own Mobile World Congress.
- India for the first time will have its own mobile mega show ‘India Mobile Congress’ from September 27-29.
- The event will be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The conference at the upcoming event will have special emphasis on topics like Internet governance, 5G, sustainable Wi-Fi, smart cities and smart governance and Internet of Things
- Indian telecom market is the second-largest in the world after China and has a total subscriber base of over 1.18 billion.
- It will be organised by Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) with support from the Department of Telecommunications and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
1. Manchester United named most valuable football club.
- According to the latest KPMG Football Clubs’ Valuation report,Manchester United have been revealed as the most valuable football club in Europe.
- According to KPMG the club has an enterprise value of €3 billion.
- Manchester United have overtaken Real Madrid to become Europe’s most valuable club while Barcelona is ranked third.
- Manchester United finished sixth on the Premier League.
2. Afghanistan cancels all cricketing ties with Pakistan.
- Afghanistan Cricket Board has cancelled its scheduled T20 series with Pakistan.
- This comes after suicide blast in Kabul’s diplomatic district where at least 90 people were killed and 400 were wounded.
- Afghanistan’s intelligence agency has blamed Pakistan and the Taliban-linked Haqqani network for the attack.