Daily Current Affairs 15 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. PM Modi launches website
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a website to honour all the gallantry award winners since independence.
- The website gives details of all the Chakra series awardees including Param Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra among others.
2. Delhi rejects 70% requests under Swachh Bharat
- The 3 municipal bodies in Delhi have rejected over 70% applications received for constructing household toilets.
- Lack of space, absence of sewer lines and residents trying to extract money by submitting false information are some of the reasons.
3. Govt asks internet majors to remove Blue Whale game links
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has issued a letter directing Google, Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Microsoft and Yahoo to remove links of the game ‘Blue Whale Challenge’.
- The player is given certain tasks to complete for a period of 50 days with the final task leading to suicide.
4. No music parties in Goa after 10pm
- This comes due to the alleged use of drugs sold at late night events.
- This is an outcome of the meeting on drugs and alcohol consumption, chaired by CM Manohar Parrikar.
1. North Korea missiles used Russian or Ukranian engines
- A study claimed that N Korea acquired engines for the recent Intercontinental Ballistic Missile test from Russia or Ukrania.
- The missiles appeared to be powered by a modified version of an engine previously used in Soviet’ ICBM’s.
2. Border meet between India and China didn’t take place
- The customary Border Personnel Meeting between the countries didn’t take place due to the ongoing standoff between the countries.
- China’s People’s Liberation Army hasn’t responded to an invitation by India for the meet.
- The meeting is held at Line of Actual Control in Ladakh, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh every year.
3. Iran threats to quit nuclear deal
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned that his country could quit the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers if the US keeps imposing sanctions against the country.
- The US recently imposed sanctions on Iran accusing it of violating the spirit of the deal by carrying out missile tests and strikes.
1. USD 18 billion case on Mastercard revived
- The lawsuit was lodged on behalf of 4.6 crore consumers.
- It alleged that Mastercard interchange fees forced consumers to pay higher prices over a 16 year period, breaching EU competition law.
2. Barbeque Nation files for IPO
- It has filed draft documents for an Initial Public Offering with market regulator SEBI to raise Rs.700 crore.
- The funds will be utilised towards expansion of its restaurants in the country as well as repayment of debts.
3. SBI’s workforce reduces by over 6,600
- Driven by natural attrition such as retirements and voluntary retirement scheme, SBI has cut its workforce by 6,622 in the first quarter of this fiscal.
- This comes amid concerns that active digitisation in the banking sector will slow down hiring of workforce.
4. Reliance Communications stock rises by 16%
- This comes after National Company Law Tribunal accepted petitions for the firms wireless wing’s merger with Aircel.
- The merger along with sale in the tower business could reduce the company’s debt by 60%.
1. Team India hoists National Flag in Sri Lanka
- Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli, with coach Ravi Shastri and other team members unfurled the Indian Flag in Kandy, Sri Lanka.
2. Nadal to return to No.1
- Rafael Nadal will return to No 1 in ATP rankings after Federer pulled out of Cincinnati Masters due to an injury.
- The last time he was world no 1 was in 2014.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15