Daily Current Affairs 22 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 22 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 22 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend
to you to try 22 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Modi to roll out 9,500 road projects in a single day
- PM Modi will roll out the projects worth Rs.27,000 crore in Rajasthan next week.
- The projects involve broadening of highways, construction of state-level roads and completion of unfinished projects.
2. SC bans Triple Talaq
- The Supreme Court declared the practice of Triple Talaq as unconstitutional and ordered a ban on it.
- It asked the government to frame nad implement a new Muslim divorce law within six months.
3.Death toll in Bihar floods reaches 304
- 1.4 crore people are affected in 18 districts due to the floods.
- 7.34 lakh people have been shifted to safer areas and 3.27 lakh are staying in relief camps.
4.President Ram Nath Kovind presents colours to scouts
- The President on his maiden visit to Ladakh after getting elected, presented colours to all the five battalions of Ladakh scouts.
- The award of President’s colours is one of the honours given in recognition of exceptional service rendered to the nation.
1. Won’t tolerate Pakistan’s safe havens to terrorists : Donald Trump
- US President said this while announcing the country’s new policy to fight Taliban in Afghanistan.
- He said that Pakistan has much to lose by continuing to harbour criminals and terrorists.
2. IS attacks rose 20% in 2016
- Despite the loss of fighters and territory in Iraq and Syria, the attack by IS have increased.
- The militants carried out more than 1,400 attacks in 2015 and killed over 7,000 people.
3. Prioritise migrants’ dignity over national security : Pope
- Pope Francis has said in his 20-point action plan calling governments to welcome, protect, promote and integrate refugees and migrants.
- He further urged all the countries to contribute in solving migration crisis.
4. Afghan will become graveyard for the US : Taliban
- This came after Trump committed the country’s military to fight Taliban in Afghanistan.
- ”As long as there is one US soldier in our land,we will continue our jihad”, they added.
1. HCL Infosystems stock up by 18%
- This came after the company said it’ll distribute Apple products including the iPhone in Indian market.
- Currently Apple has distribution tie-ups with Ingram Micro, Redington, Rashi Peripherals and Beetel Teletech in India.
2. BSE to delist 200 companies
- The Bombay Stock Exchange will delist the companies as trading in their shares has remained suspended for over a decade.
- Promoters of the firms would be debarred from accessing securities market for 10 years.
3. J&J to pay Rs.2600 crore to a woman
- Johnson & Johnson has been ordered to pay the sum to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian cancer after using products like Johnson’s baby powder.
- J&J allegedly failed to warn consumers about cancer risks related to its talc based products.
1. Vishwanathan Anand among 7 Indians at Chess World Cup
- He will be taking part in the Chess World Cup to be held in Georgia from Sep 2 to 27.
- Anand has previously won the tournament twice.
2. 44 year old woman completes 42 km Marathon
- The marathon was conducted in Hyderabad and over 20,000 people participated.
- She ran the marathon wearing a sari in order to promote handloom and encourage women.
- Jayanthi has applied for Guinness World Record for her feat.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22