Daily Current Affairs 24 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you
to try 24 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Right to privacy a fundamental right: SC
- The Chief Justice of India JS Khehar said that it is a fundamental right protected by Constitution under Article 21.
- The bench overrules two previous judgements by the apex court which said Right to Privacy is not a Fundamental Right.
2. RBI to issue new Rs.200 notes tomorrow
- The Reserve Bank of India said that it will issue Rs.200 denomination banknotes on August 25th.
- The base colour of the note is bright yellow and will bear the signature of RBI Governor Urjit Patel.
3. Govt announces Rs.75k monthly scholarship for 1,000 students
- HRD Minister Prakash Javedkar announced a monthly scholarship programme that would over Rs.75,000 to 1,000 best innovative minds every month.
- He also revealed that ministry’s plan of giving more autonomy to higher education institutions for better education..
4. Ganesha sculpture made using spare parts
- A 6.5 foot tall Ganesha sculpture has been made from over 500 kg of recycled car parts by eco-product manufacturing company Workshop Q
- Spare parts like disc brakes, chains, gears and clutch plates were used to make the sculpture.
1. Qatar restores diplomatic ties with Iran
- Qatar restored full diplomatic relations with Iran amid an ongoing dispute with Arab countries.
- Last year, Qatar cut ties with Iran to show solidarity with Saudi Arabia after two of Saudi’s diplomatic posts were attacked in Iran.
2. Will shut govt if it won’t fund Mexico wall : Trump
- US President Donald Trump threatened to shut down the govt if the Congress does not vote in favour of a govt spending bill to finance the wall along the border with Mexico.
- He says that the wall is aimed at keeping out illegal immigrants.
3. N Korea orders production of more rocket engines
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered production of more solid-fuel rocket engines and rocket warhead tips.
- Recently, US State Secretary Rex Tillerson had suggested possible talks with N Korea saying that the reclusive state has shown restraint with its nuclear programme.
4. Robot performs Buddhist funeral rites in Japan
- A humanoid robot ‘Pepper’ has been programmed to perform Buddhist funerals.
- The robot can chant sutras in a computerised voice while tapping a drum and it costs Rs.29,000 per funeral.
1. Druva raises Rs.512 crore
- US based data protection startup Druva said it has raised the funding led by Riverwood Capital.
- The startup provides data backup for businesses and claims to protect more than 25 petabytes of data.
2. Lamborghini launches Android phone
- Italian luxury supercar manufacturer Lamborghini launched a smartphone named ‘Alpha One’ priced at Rs.1.57 lakh.
- The phone features a 6.5 inch display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor.
3. Apple working on self-driving shuttles for employees
- Technology giant Apple is working on self-driving shuttles called PAIL to ferry employees between its current and new campus.
- In April, Apple received a permit to start testing self-driving car technology in California.
1. Raonic pulls out of US Open
- 2016 Wimbledon finalist Milos Raonic pulled out of the US Open saying he had a procedure on his left wrist.
- Novak Djokovic, Stan Warinka and Kei Nishikri are also missing the tournament because of injuries.
2. Sri Lanka launches enquiry into recent defeats
- Amid a string of losses, Sri Lanka is launching an investigation into the woeful state of cricket.
- Former administrators, players, sports experts and journalists will be invited to brainstorm ideas to revive the game.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24