Daily Current Affairs 4 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. BJP becomes largest party in RS for the first time in histrory.
- For the first time in history, BJP became the largest political party in upper house Rajya Sbha(RS).
- Notably, BJP has 58 members where as Congress has 57 members.
2. Bengaluru to have country’s first Heli-taxi service.
- The Kempegowda International Airport will become the first airport in the country to have a helicopter-taxi (heli-taxi) service for those who cannot afford to spend time battling traffic to travel across the city.
- The service, which will be operated by Thumby Aviation Private Limited, is expected to take off within three months.
3. LS passes bill to raise NABARD’s capital to Rs.30,000 crore
- A bill to enable exit of RBI from Nabard and increase authorised capital of the development institution six times to Rs 30,000 crore was passed by the Lok Sabha .
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017 also seeks to amend certain clauses in the light of reference of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Development Act, 2006 in the proposed legislation.
- Harsh Kumar Banwal is the chairman of Mumbai headquartered NABARD.
4. First meeting of Japan-India coordination forum held in New Delhi.
- The first meeting of Japan India Coordination Forum(JICF) for development of North Eastern region was held in New Delhi.
- Priority areas identified by Indian side including Connectivity and Road Network Development, especially inter-State roads and major district roads; disaster management; Food Processing; Organic Farming and Tourism were discussed in the meeting.
1. USISPF set up to deepen Indo-US ties.
- A new representative body — US- India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) — is being set up to further enhance business relations between the two countries.
- The body will work closely together with businesses and government leaders to achieve its goals of driving economic growth, job creation, innovation, inclusion and entrepreneurship
2.Toyota, Mazda tie-up over electric vehicles.
- Japanese auto giant Toyota and smaller rival Mazda agreed a capital tie-up to focus on joint development of electric vehicles.
- The move comes as the automotive industry is faced with a major shift towards greener transport and greater use of information technology.
3. Hacker who helped stop ‘Wanna cry attack’ arrested in US
- Marcus Hutchins, a young British researcher credited with stopping ‘Wana cry attack’ in May, was arrested for allegedly creating and distributing malicious software designed to collect bank-account passwords.
- Many had rallied behind the researcher whose quick thinking helped control the spread of the WannaCry ransomware attack that crippled thousands of computers.
4. Its restraint has bottom line: China on Sikkim stand-off.
- China has said that it has shown “utmost goodwill” over the prolonged military standoff with India in the Sikkim sector but warned that its “restraint” has a “bottom line“.
- The reaction from the Chinese defence ministry late last night came a day after the Indian External Affairs Ministry in a statement said that the peace and tranquility of the India-China boundary constitute the important prerequisite for the smooth development of bilateral relations.
1. India’s first private missile production facility unveiled.
- A joint venture for the production of private sector missile sub-system between the $2.5 billion Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd., was inaugurated near Hyderabad.
- The Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) plant will make anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) Spike and the production is expected to begin in a few weeks
2.Tesla worth exceeds Ford, GM despite only 1% of their sales.
- Electric car making company Tesla is currently worth $53.5 billion, which is more than the market value of op US carmakers Ford and General Motors.
- Tesla sold nearly just 1% vehicles of what Ford and GM sold in the second quarter ended June 2017. Tesla is currently the most valuable American Car maker company.
3. Mohammad Mustafa appointed as CMD of SIDBI
- Senior bureaucrat Mohammad Mustafa appointed as Chairman and Managing Director in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- Mustafa, a 1995 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Joint Secretary in Department of Financial Services.
1.Neymar becomes world’s most expensive footballer.
- Brazil’s football star Neymar become the world’s most expensive footballer at Rs.1,680crore.
- Paris Saint-Germain(PSG) signed him for a five year deal from Barcelona.
2. Anand held by Svidler in sinnquefield.
- Five-time world champion Viswanthan Anand played out another draw with Peter Svidler of Russia in the second round of the Sinquefield Cup.
- Playing black for the first time in the tournament, Anand was up against an English opening that got transposed to the Queen pawn game against Svidler.