Daily Current Affairs 4 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 4 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 4 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 4 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. India tests Quick Reaction missile for 1st time.
- India successfully test fired Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile from Chandipur in Odisha.
- The missile’s strike range is 20 to 30 kms and is capable of hitting multiple targets.
- It is developed jointly by DRDO and Bharat Electronics.
- It is an all-weather, truck-mounted missile system.
2. All states agree to GST rollout from July 1.
- GST Council has cleared the pending rules, including transition provisions and returns.
- All the states have agreed to July 1 roll out of the Goods and Services Tax.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has said that her government would not support the new GST system in its present form.
- GST is governed by GST Council and its Chairman is Finance Minister of India – Arun Jaitley.
3. Abdul Rahman passes away.
- Tamil poet S. Abdul Rahman, popularly known as ‘Kavikko,’ passed away in Chennai.
- He was ranked among the few who introduced modernism to Tamil poetry.
- He received several awards and honours such as ‘Kalaimamani’ title, and ‘Agni Akshara’ Award.
- He was also awarded Sahitya Akademi award in 1999 for his collection of poems, Aalapanai.
- He even introduced Sufism to Tamil poetry and translated many Urdu and Hindi poems into Tamil.
4. Shashi Shekhar Vempati named CEO of Prasar Bharati.
- Shashi Shekhar Vempati has been named chief executive officer of Prasar Bharati.
- He will replace Rajeev Singh, who has been serving as interim CEO since February 2017.
- He will be the first non-Indian Administrative Service officer to head the public broadcaster.
- Prasar Bharati runs state-run Doordarshan television and All India Radio.
1. Muslim children forced to drop ‘religious’ names in China.
- Muslim children in China’s Xinjiang region are being forced to change their names which have been deemed “overly religious” by authorities.
- As many as 15 names have been banned, including Islam, Quran, Mecca, Jihad, Imam.
- Xinjiang’s Muslims mostly belonging to the Uighur ethnic group.
- Xinjiang has occasionally seen sporadic violence, which China blames on international terrorist groups.
2. UN General Assembly elects five non-Permanent UNSC Members.
- The UN General Assembly elected Cote D’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Kuwait, Poland and Peru as the non-permanent members of the Security Council for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2018.
- The General Assembly also voted to approve the Netherlands taking over from Italy in 2017 after the countries agreed to split a two-year term between them.
- UN Security Council is made up of 10 elected members and five permanent veto-wielding powers.
- Headquarters of UNSC – New York, United States
1. BEML bags Raksha Mantri’s award.
- BEML Ltd has bagged the ‘Raksha Mantri’s Award for Excellence’ under the group award category for design and development of 180 tonne class electric hydraulic excavator – BE1800E.
- BE1800E is the biggest-ever excavator designed and developed in India.
- It is packed with leading-edge technologies, and offers a host of advantages, maintainability and operator comfort, and low operating cost.
- Chairman and Managing Director of BEML – Deepak Kumar Hota
1. India’s Sai Praneeth wins Thailand Open men’s singles title.
- Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth lifted his maiden Thailand Grand Prix Gold Title.
- He defeated Indonesian Jonatan Christie 17-21 21-18 21-19 in the finals.
- This is Praneeth’s second consecutive title win, following the Singapore Open victory.
- He is currently ranked 24th in the world.
2. Real Madrid first to retain 2017 UEFA Champions League title.
- Real Madrid defeated Juventus 4-1 in finals to win 2017 UEFA Champions League.
- Real Madrid became the first team to retain the UEFA Champions League.
- This is Madrid’s 12th Champions League title.
- Cristiano Ronaldo became the first player to score in three finals of Champions League.