Daily Current Affairs 6 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you
to try 6 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. I-T raid on Karnataka Minister ends after 3 days
- IT raid on 6 locations linked to Karnataka Minister DK Shivakumar lasted for 72 hours
- Rs.300 crore has been found as undisclosed income.
2. India will have 100% literacy rate in next 5 years
- Union HR Development Minister Prakash Javedkar said class 6 to 12 students are being trained to educate illiterate members of their families.
- He added that India’s literacy rate of 18% in the post-independence era has gone up to 80% now.
3. Boy gives a unique gift to sister on the occasion of Rakshabandhan
- A boy in UP’s Gonda gifted a toilet to his sister to mark the occasion of Rakhshabandhan.
- Pindra district has launched SwachhataBandhan and Bhai No 1 campaigns under which men are motivated to build toilets for their sisters.
4. India’s top 3 citizens from BJP
- The country’s top three citizens come from BJP and RSS background.
- Ram Nath Kovind(President) is the 1st citizen of India, Venkaiah Naidu(Vice-President) is the 2nd citizen and Narendra Modi(Prime Minister) is the 3rd citizen of India.
1. India to witness partial lunar eclipse tomorrow
- The eclipse is also visible in Europe and Africa.
- However, India will miss the solar eclipse that covers US’ entire width on August 21.
2. Japan marks 72 years since world’s first atomic bomb attack
- US dropped an atom bomb on the city of Hiroshima in 1945 at the end of World War II.
- The bomb claimed the lives of 1.4 lakh people followed by another bombing in Nagasaki three days later.
3.Trump appreciates Russia and China
- Donald Trump has appreciated Russia and China for voting in favour of the US-drafted resolution in the UN to ban primary exports from N Korea .
- This is in response to North Korea’s latest ballistic missiles test.
4. US to join climate talks despite quitting Paris accord
- The country would continue to participate in the UN climate change meetings .
- The State Department said that they will try to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through innovation and technology breakthroughs.
1. 400 executives accept Cognizant’s voluntary separation package
- The move will help the company save $60 million annually.
- The IT giant started the programme in May offering up to nine months of salary to some top level executives.
2. Rajiv Kumar to be the new Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog
- He will succeed Arvind Panagariya who stepped down recently.
- Kumar previously served as the Secretary General of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
3. Jaitley launches new exchange-traded fund
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched ‘Bharat 22’ to divest govt assets in 22 state-run and private firms .
- The fund will have diversified portfolio of companies from 6 sectors with 20% cap on each sector and 15% cap on each stock.
- ICICI Prudential will manage the fund.
1. India beat Sri Lanka in Test Series
- India defeated Sri Lanka by 53 runs in the second Test to clinch 8th successive Test series win .
- Virat Kohli has surpassed Steve Waugh’s record of 7 consecutive Test series wins as captain and is behind Ricky Ponting who won 9.
2. Mo Farah wins 6th world championship gold
- British runner Mo Farah won gold in Men’s 10,000 meter race in London.
- He now has 10 consecutive global track distance titles.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5