Daily Current Affairs 6 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 6 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 6 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 6 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first ‘private’ railway station.
- Habibganj Railway Station is going to become first railway station to be redeveloped in a Public-Private Partnership mode.
- The Habibganj railway station will be designed as a world-class transit hub.
- In case of an emergency, the premises can be evacuated in four minutes and passengers can reach designated points of safety in six minutes.
- The operation and maintenance responsibilities for the station have been given to Bansal Group for a period of eight years.
- It has been developed at a cost of ₹300 crore.
2. TRAI launches three new apps.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has launched three new apps to help customers rate quality of services, speed, and performance.
- The three new apps are Mycall app, MySpeed app and ‘Do not disturb (DND 2.0)’ app.
- MyCall app is an application for crowdsourced voice call quality monitoring.
- My Speed app will enable TRAI to obtain test-data from users without any action by the users.
- The DND service app will enable users to register their mobile number to avoid unsolicited commercial communication or SMS.
- Chairman of TRAI – Ram Sewak Sharma
3. India’s first Rural LED Street Lighting Project.
- Government of India, through Energy Efficiency Services Limited has announced retrofitting of 10 lakh conventional street lights with LED lights.
- It will be implemented in Gram Panchayats of seven districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- In the first phase, the replacement will be undertaken in gram panchayats of the districts of Guntur, Prakasham, Nellore, Kurnool, Kadapa, Ananthapur and Chittoor.
- The entire upfront capital cost of this project is being funded by French Development Agency Agence Française de Developpement.
4. India to grow at 7.2% in 2017.
- World Bank has projected a strong 7.2% growth rate for India in 2017.
- The World Bank in its latest Global Economic Prospects, projects India’s growth to 7.5% in 2018 and 7.75% in 2019.
- The growth projections for China remain unchanged at 6.5% for 2017.
- Chief Executive Officer of the World Bank – Kristalina Georgieva
1. Nepal, China ink Mega hydropower agreement.
- Nepal has signed an agreement with a Chinese company to build the largest hydroelectric plant.
- $2.5 billion is being spent to build 1,200MW Budhi-Gandaki hydroelectric project.
- Nepal’s government is also currently building a 750 megawatt plant with China’s backing.
- Experts say it could be generating 83,000 megawatts, but its total installed generation capacity currently stands at less than 2% of that.
1. ICICI Bank commissions 200 solar-powered ATMs.
- ICICI Bank commissioned over 200 solar powered ATM sites in the last one year as part of its efforts to reduce carbon footprint and use more clean energy.
- ICICI Bank has reduced its overall energy consumption in large offices and branches from 198 million units in 2013-14 to 164 million units in 2016-17.
- There has been reduction in the bank’s overall carbon emission by nearly 40,000 tonnes due to these efforts,
- CEO of ICIC Bank – Chanda Kochhar
2. Apple unveils new operating system.
- Apple has unveiled iOS 11, a new and advanced operating system for its devices.
- iOS 11 features a “Do Not Disturb while Driving” mode that turns iPhone screens black and stops users from replying to messages.
- iOS 11 is the biggest software release ever for iPad, with powerful multitasking features, the Files app and more ways to use Apple Pencil.
- It also includes a more helpful Siri and phone-to-phone payments within iMessage
- CEO of Apple – Time Cook
1. Ramkumar Ramanathan wins ITF Futures title.
- Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan lifted the ITF men’s Futures tennis title after outplaying Raymond Sarmiento.
- He outplayed Raymond Sarmiento 6-2, 6-2 in the finals.
- It was the first title of the season for Ramkumar and 15th of his career.
2. Sachin Joins UN ‘Super Dads’ Campaign.
- Sachin Tendulkar has joined a special UNICEF campaign that highlights the significant role played by fathers in children’s early development.
- UNICEF initiative ‘Super Dads’ celebrates fatherhood and highlights the importance of love, play, protection and good nutrition for the healthy development of young children’s brains.
- David Beckham and Novak Djokovic are also part of this campaign.
- Head of UNICEF – Anthony Lake