The term solicitation is used in a variety of legal contexts. A person who asks someone to commit an illegal act has committed the criminal act of solicitation. An employee who agrees in an employment contract not to solicit business after leaving her employer and then mails a letter to customers asking for business may be sued by the former employer for violating the non-solicitation clause of the contract. The letter constitutes a solicitation. However, if the person had placed a newspaper advertisement, this would not have been a solicitation because a solicitation must be addressed to a particular individual
Meanings of Solicit:
1. to entreat; petition:
2. to make a petition or request for something desired..
3. to offer to have sex with in exchange for money.
Master’s Tip to Learn Solicit:
The easiest way to remember Solicit is by breaking it down into so+ let(li)+ me sit(cit). I requested my teacher to let me sit on the chair. My legs are paining and I am unable to work, so let me sit before I do any more work.
Sentence examples for Solicit:
1. My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities
2. The young man was caught soliciting in the park.
3. She is too shy to solicit
4. He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents